October 2014 Seminars
The External Reporting Board (XRB) in conjunction with Charities Services held seminars in October 2014 to update registered charities on the new accounting requirements that become mandatory in 2015. More than 4,500 people attended seminars (or logged on to the webinar) right across New Zealand.
Watch the webinar recording
The two-hour seminars are aimed at registered charities with annual operating expenditure less than $2 million. These charities will be able to report using Simple Format Reporting standards.
The topics cover:
- The new legislative requirements for registered charities to follow XRB Accounting Standards from 1 April 2015
- An overview of the Simple Format Reporting Standards
- How the final standards differ from the proposed standards as a result of consultation with the sector during 2013 (which was the focus of the last seminar series)
- What charities need to do now to get ready to apply the Simple Format Reporting Standards next year, and
- Future opportunities to learn more about the standards and how to apply them.