Trust Law Changes and Charities
Recording of webinar held on 14 May 2021.
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) hosted this webinar alongside presenters from Charities Services and Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law Limited.
The Trusts Act 2019 came into force on 30 January 2021 and applies to all trusts (including charitable trusts). The webinar explains what you need to know about the Trusts Act, and whether you need to make variations to your Trust Deed.
You can find key resources mentioned in the webinar here:
- Sample Charitable Trust Deed(external link)
- Forms for charitable trust boards(external link)
- Vicki Ammundsen's Matter of Trust Blog(external link)
- The new Trusts Act – What does it mean for registered charities?
- What to be or not to be - Incorporated Societies and Charitable Trusts(external link)
- Governance information for new officers(external link)
On 2 June 2021 Charities Services hosting a webinar: Societies, trusts, companies – which structure is right for your charity? Find more information on the webinar here: Societies, trusts, companies – which structure is right for your charity?