On this page you'll find information on Charities Services upcoming webinars. You can also find recordings of our previous webinars further below.
Charities Services kicks off its Lunchtime Webinar Series this year. Each month, we'll deliver a topic of interest to charities with a focus initially on the new reporting standards and the Annual Return process.
2 May 2017, 12pm-1pm
Statement of Cash Flows for Tier 1, 2 and 3 Charities
Under the new reporting standards, charities using Tiers 1, 2 or 3 must complete a Statement of Cash Flows in their end of year reporting. For some charities, this will be a new thing and it can be tricky the first few times.
In this webinar we will cover:
- What is a Statement of Cash Flows and how does it differ from other financial statements?
- An easy method of calculating your cash flows without having to sort through your bank statements
- A chance to ask questions
On completion of the webinar, you will understand the principles behind a cash flow statement and have the tools to be able to calculate your own one for your charity.
Register here (external link) to attend this webinar.
25 May 2017, 12pm-1pm
Under the new reporting standards for Tier 3 and Tier 4 charities, revenue/receipts and expenditure/payments must be reported according to certain minimum categories. In this webinar we will cover:
- What are the minimum categories and what is the rationale for each category?
- How to determine which category to record items under
- Guidance on breaking down and renaming the minimum categories
- A chance to ask questions
On completion of the webinar, you will understand how to use and present the minimum categories and how to apply them to your own charity.
22 June 2017, 12pm-1pm
Things have changed! Under the new reporting standards if your charity is Tier 3 or Tier 4 you need to complete a Performance Report every year.
In this webinar we’re going to explain:
- What a Performance Report is
- What you need to complete one
- How it can help your registered charity
Before you participate in this webinar make sure you know what tier your charity is. If you’re unsure find out on our website (external link) .
20 July 2017, 12pm-1pm
This webinar will cover the basics of what information Charities Services requires registered charities to provide every year. We will cover:
- What registered charities annual reporting obligations are
- A timeline of key dates for reporting to Charities Services
- Information on the resources Charities Services has to help you prepare to report
At the end of this webinar you will understand what information registered charities must provide to Charities Services every year, why this is so important and where to go for help.
Date and webinar topic to be confirmed
21 September 2017, 12pm-1pm
Registration – the benefits and obligations
Is your organisation thinking of becoming a registered charity?
In this webinar, we will explain:
- The benefits of registration
- What the registration process involves, including what you need to provide to Charities Services to become a registered charity
- Ongoing obligations of registration
On completion of the webinar you will be able to decide whether registering as a charity is the best decision for your organisation.
18 October 2017, 12pm-1pm
New to a registered charity? This is what you need to know!
Let’s get simple, if you’re new to a charity, this webinar will tell you the key things you need to know to ensure your registered charity meets Charities Services requirements.
This webinar will cover:
- Rules - what they are and how do I change them?
- Reporting obligations – what do I need to provide to Charities Services every year?
- Where to get help
At the end of this webinar, you will feel confident about what you need to provide to Charities Services to ensure the success of your charity.
Please note webinar dates and topics are subject to change.
Make sure you’re subscribed to our email updates for any notifications and our Facebook page (external link) .
New Financial Reporting for Accountants of Small Charities
Recording of the webinar held on 26 & 27 July 2016
The Statement of Service Performance is a non-financial statement required under the new reporting standards for Tier 3 and Tier 4 registered charities and it’s important that you know how to use it well. In this webinar we will explain:
Questions and Answers (Q&A) of the webinar
Statement of Service Performance
Recording of the webinar held on 13 April 2017
The Statement of Service Performance is a non-financial statement required under the new reporting standards for Tier 3 and Tier 4 registered charities and it’s important that you know how to use it well. This webinar covers: